Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Techno Tuesdays

Thanks to Jackie's suggestion (our son Geoff's girlfriend), we are meeting the last Tuesday night of each month to have dinner and a short class on improving our skills on our laptops. We invite any interested friends and, after dinner, replace the dirty dishes on the dining room table with laptops. Last night was a short lesson on Windows Movie Maker. Here's my video from last night, created only with the things I already had on my computer - no special script, music, or photos.





I've used other video editing software, including iMovie, Final Cut and Premiere, and there's no question that they are better and easier to use. But, most of the people I work with already have access to Windows Movie Maker and don't want to spend the money to upgrade to something better and more professional.

So Windows Movie Maker will continue to be one I play with regularly.

No comments: